Community Consultative Committee
The Austar Community Consultative Committee (CCC) holds meetings twice a year. The purpose of this committee is to provide a forum for open discussion between representatives of the company, the community, the council and other stakeholders on issues directly relating to the mine's activities, environmental performance and community relations, and to keep the community informed on these matters.
The committee operates in accordance with the NSW Government's Community Consultative Committee Guidelines, 2019. The committee is chaired by an Independent Chairperson who receives a professional fee from Austar. Austar's Independent Chairperson was considered suitably qualified and experienced by the Director-General of the Department of Planning and Environment, and was appointed by the Director-General to chair Austar's CCC.
The current members are:
- Ms Margaret MacDonaldHill (Independent Chairperson)
- Cr John Moores (Cessnock City Council)
- Mr Alan Smith (Community Representative)
- Mr Peter Sturrock (Community Representative)
- Mr John Rayner (Community Representative)
- Ms Ashlee Baker (Community Representative)
- Chief Inspector Michael Gorman (Community Representative)
- Mrs Carly McCormack (Austar Coal Mine)
- Mr William Farnworth (Austar Coal Mine)
Should you wish to speak with a committee member regarding the operation, their details can be obtained by calling 4993 7200.
Austar is committed to maintaining the CCC throughout closure to provide regular updates on the closure planning process and to facilitate community involvement and input.